Zanzibar is officially opened!
If you need a COVID-19 certificate for your airline or for your return to your country, there are testing facilities in Zanzibar that provide such service.
Arrival to Zanzibar:
- All travelers are required to truthfully fill in an online Traveller’s Surveillance Form available at https://healthtravelznz.mohz.go.tz within 24 hours before arrival to Zanzibar.
- All travelers will be required to present a negative RT PCR COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival done at a nationally accredited/approved laboratory using sample tested within 96 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
- All travelers arriving from countries experiencing variants of concern/variants of interest, highest number of COVID-19 cases based on WHO epidemiological updates or those who have travelled through those countries in the last 14 days regardless of route taken shall be subjected to rapid tests at Points of Entry at their own cost (25 USD). The updated list of countries for Rapid Antigen Test is available at https://www.moh.go.tz or at Points of Entry.
- Children aged 5 years and are exempted from both RT-PCR certificate and COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test.
- There is no mandatory quarantine upon arrival
- Travelers will be checked at the airport for COVID-19 symptoms by measuring temperature
- Travelers must have valid health insurance
- Travelers are encouraged to apply for online e-visas prior to arrival
- Read the full Updated Covid-19 requirements for travelers in Zanzibar of 13th of September 2021
In case of no symptoms of COVID-19, the traveler can proceed to the hotel without any limitations and without any need for quarantine.
Departure from Zanzibar:
- Zanzibar Government published online registration form for COVID-19 testing – https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz/
- You can book your appointment in our resort (Mobile Unit Service) or in government authorized facility for a specific date and time
- The results of testing can be obtained electronically, there is no need to collect them physically
- You can choose the type of test: RT-PCR or ANTIGEN RAPID DIAGNOSTIC
- The FIT to FLY certificate is issued within 72h (RT – PCR)
Procedures during the stay at Zanzibar island:
- free movement around the island is allowed
- wearing the mask while in the public spaces
- keeping social distance
- all tourist facilities will follow the governmental Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) to ensure Zanzibar is the safest destination
Tulia Zanzibar is open and welcoming the guest
Measures at the hotel
The health and safety of our guests is our priority. Here are the measures that are taken to ensure maximum safety and convenience for all our guests and personnel.
We want to offer maximum convenience and security for your bookings, so we are offering free modification policies.
At the same time, this is your holiday and we understand that you want to escape from all that’s going on in the world. Therefore we will do our maximum in order to provide you the best service with a smile and a great atmosphere, whilst still keeping everyone safe.
Free reservation modification for non-refundable bookings:
- This applies to the reservations which were originally booked with the non-refundable policy and whose guests are tested COVID-19 positive for the period concerning their holiday.
- The proof of the COVID-19 positive test must be sent to email@example.com and its acceptance must be confirmed in writing.
- If you can’t travel, you are offered a free modification of the dates of your stay to a later period. However, prices may vary, depending on your chosen date. If your new dates are in a period of higher price, the difference is subject to an additional payment. Should the new dates be for a lower price, you can use the outstanding amount for booking additional services within the hotel (i.e. Spa, Excursions, Boutique…).
- If you are not sure about your new travel dates yet, we will keep your reservation open and you can get back to us later with confirmation of the new dates of our travel.
- The date change request must be made in writing via email: firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day prior to arrival at the hotel and its acceptance must be confirmed by the hotel in writing. In case of not informing the hotel about a change of dates, and if the client won’t arrive on the original check-in day, the reservation will be handled as a no-show and the no-show charges will be applied.
Free reservation cancellation for reservation with flexible conditions:
- This applies to all reservations which were originally booked with flexible reservation conditions and thus no deposit was paid.
- There is no change in the policy needed. The reservation can be canceled without any penalties up to 1 day prior to arrival.
General guidelines for hotel operation:
- Hand sanitizers are located around various locations in the resort and we encourage our guests to use them regularly.
- All accommodation and tourist facilities will be cleaned and sanitized before and after use.
- Rooms will be left vacant for a certain period of time before another check-in is allowed to the same room.
- The Medical Doctor is available on call 24/7.
- Special Governmental COVID-19 medical unit with COVID-19 testing kits available on call 24/7.
- Following guidelines set by the government SOPs.
Requirements for hotel staff (mandatory):
- Staff is observing social distancing of not less than one meter from one staff member to another and from the guests.
- Staff members get body temperature measured before each shift.
Recommendations for guests (not mandatory):
- Wearing face masks.
- Keeping social distancing of 2m.
- Using hand sanitizers as much as possible.
If you have any questions or requests, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Last update: 15.09.2021